Thursday, October 11, 2012

An Adventure Is Birthed

Recently, on one of my spontaneous trips to Woolworth's supermarket I was perusing the baking section when a promotional offer caught my eye, buy three Nestle products and receive a free cookbook, a free cookbook, WOW! That is the most spectacular promotional offer I have ever come across and of course I need another cookbook to add to my already over crowded and badly organised collection of cookbooks that currently inhabit my book shelf.

I snap up three packets of Nestle melts, fighting off the urge to purchase more than I need as to obtain two free cookbooks, one of course to give to mother, who also owns an over populated book shelf of cookbooks from all corners of the world, I know she would be proud that I said no to temptation, especially due to our over whelming genetic desire to collect culinary cookbooks.

Along with my BBQ chicken, milk and puppy food ( the puppy food being the inspiration to my shopping adventure) I made my way to the register and checked myself out, all the while being terribly proud that I was now the owner of a brand new cookbook filled with sensational pointers on how to consume calories and watch my cellulite grow.

On my return home I sat on the couch and introduced myself to my new cookbook, starting from the first page and working my way back, I began to salivate with anticipation and committed myself then and there to bake every recipe in the book in the order that they appear, and hence my project was born, I began by posting photos of my completed recipes on my facebook timeline, it wasn't long before I was being asked for the recipes it only made sense to turn my project into a blog.

Living in a house hold with only one serious sweets eater I have decided to take my time with my post, only baking a new recipe when the previous one has been completely devoured, this is when I call on my friends and any other willing participants to put you hands up for samples, other wise my thighs are going to swell and my skinny jeans will shrink.. how horrid!

There are 48 recipes in Australia's Sweet Baking Favourites cookbook with the first recipe being "The Best Ever Caramel Slice" this will be the first of many delicious morsels for you to bake, devour and share with friends and family. I would love to read your comments and even see photos of your creations. Well, enough chit chat, lets get baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment