Wednesday, October 24, 2012

White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Cookies

There is something memorable and truly delightful about home made cookies (biscuits). My dad is animate that biscuits are biscuits, not cookies, I tend to agree on that comment. I was born and bread an Australian woman, I am proud of my heritage through and through although, out of habit I do tend to call biscuits cookies which leads me to say that these cookies are worthy of wrestling Cookie Monster to the ground for.

 I found myself standing by the cooling rack eating them quicker than they could bake hence leaving me with a full, swollen belly when I took my young staffy pup Gaia to dog obedience that evening, thinking to myself.."Ohhhh I so shouldn't have eaten so many of those cookies." I think it was the crunch of the macadamia nuts that sold me, they added much deserved texture to the sweet goodness of white choc chips that added bulk to the cookie.. I mean biscuit!!

Although not my favorite chocolate chip biscuit recipe it is one that I will repeat from time to time. My favorite all time biscuit recipe was given to me by a work colleague who new quite well that if she waved the recipe in front of me she would in turn reap the benefits and be gifted with delicious chocolaty cookies, I will bake these cookies for you and share the recipe when I have reached the end of my sweet baking experiment.

So here it is, the recipe for delicious, crunchy white choc chip and macadamia cookies.

INGREDIENTS




125g butter, softened
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 cups (255g) self raising flour, sifted
1 cup (190g) white choc bits
3/4 cup (140g) coarsely chopped unroasted macadamias.

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to 170oC/150oC fan forced. Grease and line two baking trays with paper.

2. Using n electric mixer,beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add egg; beat until just combined.

3. Stir in flour; add white choc bits and macadamias. Mix until well combined.

4. Roll level tablespoons of mixture in balls; place about 4cm apart on prepared trays, gently press down on dough to flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool on trays for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Have a sensational baking experience everyone, get carried away. I loose myself as I bake, everything around me becomes less important and I feel totally at ease with myself, I believe the combination of the process, the ingredients and smell of my goods baking in my oven is the key, I wish the smell of baking biscuits could be bottled, the person that comes up with that concept will be a very happy person indeed.

Live, love and share your creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment