Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eating my Blues Away

This post has absolutely nothing to do with my baking project, it is completely left field and more an opportunity for me to off load than anything else, sometimes we just need to get stuff of our chest and not knowing if there is actually anyone out there that is reading or better still enjoying my blog that would be vaguely interested in what I have to say I thought, yes, why not send this post out into the void that is syber space to get muck off my chest... big breath... here I go..

 4.30 am this morning had me rise and shine, not willingly of course to drive my beloved husband to the airport for a weekend of play with his long lost boarding school buddies in Brisbane. So early in fact that when we were walking out the door I asked our pup Gaia to join us for the drive, she in turn rolled her puppy eyes at me and sighed a mournful sigh.. we took that as no.

Freddy has been my best friend for over 12 years, my partner for 11 years and my husband for 6 of those, we are seldom apart and I found myself becoming girly, tears welling in my eyes as we said our good byes. It is not like he is disappearing for months on end, instead he will be gone only 2 days, returning from his trip on Sunday morning just in time for yum cha at our favorite Chinese restaurant the Golden Boat.

Not one to cope with being left out and personally blaming the wedding that I will be djing at this evening I am suffering from a small case of the green eyed dragon, actually, my dragon is massive, ghastly and soaring across the sky as dragons do breathing a rainbow of flames from the orange, green and red spectrum's.. I wish I was with him!

So, what does one do when feeling left out and abandoned to endure the worst load in of all time for tonight's gig? One turns right at the the roundabout at the airport an drives directly to my home towns icon.. Rusty's Markets. I was one of only three other people crazy enough to be out of bed and at the markets at what I like to call stupid o'clock in the morning!

After purchasing the spikiest acid free egg plants, some onions, potatoes, passion fruit and a paw paw I drove home to my neurotic cat and food driven pup. I let my fur children out into the world and we walked together through my garden, a garden that is alive with the sent of passion fruit flowers, lemon and lime blossoms and tomato bushes.

Each year our garden is gifted with mysterious tomato bushes, where they come from no one knows, we let them grow and produce fruit until we can no longer cope and then pull them out, currently we have three tomato bushes growing out of control through our cordilines, each day I pick a punnet of delicious cherry tomatoes that burst in your mouth when you eat them, in fact they are so delicious that my puppy can not stop eating them, and through bribery with cherry tomatoes she now sits, drops and stays.. we are so proud of her.

I returned inside, popped a food inspired movie into my dvd player pressed play and turned half a dozen french pork sausages that were drying out in the fridge into a cherry tomato inspired curry sausage dish that I then ate with left over mashed potato, I washed that down with pancakes with lemon and sugar and baked a delicious spinach and feta quiche filled with my home grown cherry tomatoes.. delicious!! If I could bake all day I would, unfortunately I have a gig to load in, a load in of terrible proportions.. awful, awful, awful!! I must fly, load my car and prepare myself for a beautiful, musicly inspired, food filled day!

Is there anyone out there? I just don't know!










No comments:

Post a Comment